Start planning now for your retirement down the road. The County offers its employees several opportunities to save for the future, including a pension through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems, a voluntary Deferred Compensation Plan, an HRA VEBA account, and Social Security benefit contributions.
Most County employees are eligible to participate in one of these three retirement plans through the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (DRS):
- Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS)
- Law Enforcement Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ System (LEOFF)
- Public Safety Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS)
Learn more about saving for retirement with the King County Employee Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Find out when you're eligible to retire
- Request an estimate of benefits when you are two years from retirement
- Obtain information regarding a divorce
- Learn about purchasing service credit due to a temporary duty disability or authorized leave of absence
Retirement Information & Education
Leaving County Employment (For anyone leaving county employment.)
Exit Class registration (For anyone leaving county employment.)
For many, Social Security will provide part of their retirement income. For more information, go to:
- Social Security Administration website