Administrative Professionals Program
King County administrative professionals are a large part of King County government’s workforce. Administrative professionals support and provide direct services to internal customers as well as the general public and are valuable contributors to the success of every department. King County leadership is committed to assisting administrative professionals with career development opportunities.
Nominate an employee
Help us recognize an administrative professional who you believe embodies the attributes of excellence and innovation by submitting your nomination today. Any King County employee may nominate an administrative professional based on the criteria listed below.
All nominations will be reviewed and selections determined by the King County Administrative Professional Advisory Committee. For questions or comments, email AdministrativeProfessionals@kingcounty.gov or contact the committee member from department or division listed below.
Eligible employees include Administrative Professionals, e.g., administrative specialists, administrative office assistants, customer service specialists, dental assistants, medical assistants, Transit administrative specialists, etc.
Complete the nomination form online and address how the nominee meets some, or all, of the following criteria:
- Offers innovative ideas for improving services or increasing efficiencies
- Delivers exceptional customer service
- Demonstrates outstanding reliability and dependability
- Demonstrates excellence in their work
- Goes above and beyond the call of duty
The Administrative Professionals Advisory Committee was created to identify career development needs and resources for administrative professionals countywide through focus groups and other outreach methods. Administrative professionals, human resources, labor, and union representatives comprise the committee. Whitney Abrams, Chief People Officer, sponsors the group.
Sponsor: Whitney Abrams, Chief People Officer
Sponsor: Lili Stansberry and Theresa Roscoe, Career Support Services
- Adult and Juvenile Detention: Kristen Jones
- Assesments: Alicia Warren
- Executive Office: Sondra McCaw
- Executive Services: Amanda Gudmunson, Jeremy Rivera
- Judicial Administration: Carolina Ceja
- Natural Resources and Parks: Maureen Dahlstrom, Paige Myers
- Permitting and Environmental Review: Theresa Reynolds
- Public Health: Deborah DeQuier-Bowden, Donna Rodgers-Yates
- Sheriff's Office: Alexandra “Ally” R. Ehlert
- Transportation: Cathy Jimenez, Mirla Santiago, Evelyn Wood
- PTE Local 17: Loralei Walker
- Labor: Deborah Bellam