Job search and career planning resources
Achieve your career vision by finding the perfect job that showcases your talent.
- Get Noticed: Creating Effective Application Materials (PDF)
- Essential Interviewing Tips and Techniques (PDF)
- Employee Resource Center (ERC) - One stop hub of career information and resources for King County employees.
- WOIS/The Career Information System – Identify your interests, skills and values, and explore careers, training programs and job opportunities. (If you have a King County email account, please . You will be taken to a secure page where you will have access to the WOIS system. If you don't have a King County email account, please email the ERC with your name and PeopleSoft ID to receive the password.)
- King County career opportunities
- Application tips and FAQs – For King County applicants
- Career One Stop – One of the best websites providing comprehensive career exploration, training and job search resources, toolkits and links to local service providers.
- Quintessential Careers – One of the best website providing comprehensive job-search resources, services, and up-to-date advice from job search and career experts.
- O'NET online – An interactive application for exploring and searching hundreds of occupations. The database also provides Career Exploration Tools, a set of valuable assessment instruments to help people find or change careers.
- WorkSource Seattle-King County – Career Coach, created by the Workforce Development Council and WorkSource, provides the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training. They also offer a variety of job seeker services and resources.