Request a Speaker
King County Superior Court makes every effort to provide speakers for schools, community groups, and other organizations upon request. The speaker may be a judge, commissioner, or staff person (as appropriate) who can speak about the court or justice system at a mutually convenient time. These engagements are intended to increase public understanding and help the court learn about community interests and concerns.
Speakers can address topics such as:
- The role of the justice system in society
- An overview of King County Superior Court functions and programs
- Specific legal issues such as drugs, family law, juvenile justice, probate, etc.
- The role and responsibilities of jurors
- How the court supports access to justice for people who do not have attorneys or who speak limited or no English
- Loss of voting rights and requirements for restoration
- How the court is funded and how funds are used
- Volunteer opportunities within the court
To arrange for a speaker, please complete a Speaker Request Form and submit it via email to David.Reynolds@kingcounty.gov or by regular mail it to:
King County Superior Court
c/o David Reynolds
516 3rd Avenue, C-203
Seattle, WA 98104
For additional information, please contact David.Reynolds@kingcounty.gov, or call (206) 477-1559.