Recycle more media campaign
‘Be a better recycler’ podcast
Although most King County residents in single family residences say they participate in their curbside recycling program, much of what they throw away could be recycled. King County has created a podcast and campaign to encourage King County residents to increase their recycling at home and also start putting food scraps and food-soiled paper in their curbside yard debris carts, to meet the county's goal of zero waste of resources by 2030. Subscribe to the video podcast through iTunes or watch the video online Youtube .
- Eat Your Veggies Youtube
- <a href="#myModal" data-toggle="modal" onclick="playVideo(' //www.youtube.com/embed/sau6iVxRi9s?autoplay=1')" title="Greasy Pizza Boxes - Recycle More campaign (YouTube)">Greasy Pizza Boxes Youtube
In 2007, three television ads for "Recycle More. It's Easy to Do" each won a 2007 Telly Award. Telly Awards honor the very best local, regional, and cable television commercials and programs, as well as the finest video and film productions. These thirty-second ads ran on A&E, Discovery, Food Network, HGTV, Animal Planet, TLC, and the History Channel.
Learn about Home Depot's partnership with King County's “Recycle More. It’s Easy To Do." program Youtube . Also see the King County Recycling Education Campaign Commercial Sector Outreach Evaluation Report Download PDF 152 KB detailing the results of a pilot program to increase business recycling in King County.
2012 radio ad:
- One Less Bag Challenge - English (MP3 audio file, 1.96 MB)
As heard on KMPS, KZOK, KJAQ and KBKS.
- "Poor Banana Peel" - English (MP3 audio file, 1.3 MB)
- "Pobre cáscara de plátano" - Español (archivo de audio MP3, 471 K)
- "Bill and the Catfood Can" (MP3 audio file, 1.4 MB)