Running for office
To become a candidate, you must complete and file a Declaration of Candidacy, meet the qualifications for the office at the time of filing, and be registered to vote in the district. Read the Candidate Manual for more information.
- Candidate Manual
- PCO Manual
- Offices Subject to Election
- Campaign contribution limits for King County offices
- Political sign regulations (King County)
- Political sign regulations (WSDOT)
- Public Disclosure Commission requirements
- Campaign contact information update form
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Declaration of Write-In Candidacy
- PCO Declaration of Candidacy
- Filing fee petition
- Withdrawal of Candidacy
Subscribe to candidate notifications
Subscribe to alerts for candidates, campaign managers, and others interested in running for office. Includes notices about campaign filing, deadlines, etc.
We are hosting two candidate workshops at our office to discuss:
- How to file for office
- How to submit your voters' pamphlet info
- Campaign sign regulations
- Basic campaign finance
- Friday, April 28 from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29 from 9 - 11 a.m.
Can’t make it our candidate workshop?
Tune in to our Facebook livestream on April 28 at 2 p.m.