2016 ULID/LID foreclosures
The ULID/LID foreclosures follow a different set of state laws and regulations
UPDATE Owners of parcels included in the 2016 LID foreclosure action have now been personally served, and personal service of lienholders and recorded interest holders is in process. The next step will be publication and then we will go to auction.
King County Treasury is responsible for billing, maintaining, and collecting assessments for improved districts. The majority of our current Improvement Districts were formed by resolutions and/or ordinances which direct us to bill and collect certified assessment amounts to our taxpayer of record.
- Utility Local Improvement District: The due dates for annual installments are unique to each ULID/LID.
- Annual Maintenance Lake and Road Improvement: These assessments are due on May 10th and May 31st respectively.
About ULID/LID foreclosure:
A Utility Local Improvement District (ULID) or Local Improvement District (LID) foreclosure begins after one annual installment payment is two years delinquent.
- If you are the successful bidder, understand there is a two-year right of redemption by the current property owner.
- A certificate of purchase will be issued to the successful bidder.
- After the two year redemption period has expired, a ULID/LID deed will be issued to the successful bidder.
The ULID/LID foreclosures follow a different set of state laws and regulations than property tax foreclosure; review them at Washington State Legislature website:
Please refer to RCW: 35.50
The 2016 ULID/LID foreclosure sale is tentatively scheduled in the spring-summer of 2017. A final date will be published as soon as it is available.
Please call (206)263-1893 or email us with further questions or concerns regarding these foreclosures.