We understand layoff can be a difficult time for employees and their families. Career Support Services (CSS) offers guidance and resources to help employees effectively transition to a new opportunity.
Priority Placement Consideration for employees facing a layoff
Career service employees who receive formal written notification of being laid off or having their full-time employment reduced are eligible for Priority Placement Consideration into career service and temporary positions for which they qualify.
- Priority Placement means the layoff employee’s candidacy for a vacant position is evaluated before the rest of the candidate pool. The Priority Placement Consideration process cannot result in a promotion.
- Employees are eligible for priority placement for up to two years from the effective date of layoff.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about guidelines and how to take full advantage of the process.
- Review the county’s job website daily and apply directly for jobs of interest and for which you qualify.
- Ensure all application materials clearly identify how you meet all required job qualifications. Note it is not necessary to meet any desired, ideal or preferred qualifications.
- Submit all required application materials by closing date (application, resume, cover letter, supplemental questionnaire, etc.).
- Email email@example.com to inform us you applied for a position and are requesting Priority Placement Consideration.
- CSS staff will confirm receipt of your email, confirm your eligibility for Priority Placement Consideration and work with the hiring department on next steps.
- Department HR will contact you directly throughout the selection process: application review, testing (if required), interview, reference check, personnel file review, and any other pre-employment requirement.
- Contact CSS for interview preparation and other guidance throughout the selection process, if needed.
- Contact CSS to request a review of the selection process, if needed.
- If you are not offered the position, contact CSS to debrief and discuss how to improve for future opportunities, if needed.