Real Estate Excise Tax (REET)
All real estate transactions that involve conveyance of property require consideration of excise tax. All excise taxes assessed on a conveyance must be paid prior to the recording of the conveyance documents, for example the warranty deed or real estate contract. A real estate excise tax affidavit must be completed and signed by all parties involved in a real property conveyance.
Hard copies of the Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit are no longer available for distribution at the downtown Seattle location. The form can be downloaded below.
Note: documents received before 3:30 pm will receive same-day service.
Standard Forms and Documents
- Washington Administrative Code (WAC), Department of Revenue valid exemption codes
- Excise Tax Affidavit
- Excise Tax Affidavit, Mobile Home
- Excise Tax Supplemental Statement
- Instructions for Filing Petition for Real Estate Excise Tax Refund
- Excise Tax Refund Petition
- Washington State Department of Revenue forms
- Washington State Law and Administrative Code Search