King County Sheriff's Office offers internship opportunities for interested college students pursuing a career in the criminal justice field, or those who simply want to expand their skill set to build a stronger resume as they enter the workforce. All internships are intended to meet eligibility requirements for college credit (please check with your academic advisor to verify). Internships with King County Sheriff's Office are unpaid and ineligible for benefits.
(updated April 26, 2017):
Fall 2017 (September - December)
We will be accepting applications for Fall 2017 internships May 1st to May 31st 2017!
- Primary positions will be in an office setting with numerous opportunities to explore other aspects of the Sheriff's Office, including ride alongs, training exercises, and job shadowing
- Multiple positions available in various units
- Flexible scheduling available (evenings / weekends typically not available)
- Interns may extend their internship up to one year.
- Must be enrolled in college throughout internship to be eligible.
- We will be accepting applications for Spring 2018 from September 1st to October 15th, 2017!
To apply: please complete the automatic disqualifier sheet, accompanied by your application. Either fax or scan an electronic copy with a current resume and send it to:
Jess Klein, Human Resource Analyst
King County Sheriff's Office
Phone: (206) 263-2543
Fax: (206) 205-7608