King County has 1.17 million registered voters, a number that continues to grow each month. In February 2009, Elections conducted the first all-mail countywide election, establishing King County as the largest jurisdiction to conduct all elections by mail.
Led by Sherril Huff, King County Elections is staffed by approximately 70 dedicated and hard working full time employees who have a strong sense of pride and commitment to the work they do. Working in collaboration with the Executive and Council, Elections has continually worked to establish open and transparent processes and since 2004 has implemented more than 300 reforms. Learn more.
With integrity and a commitment to innovation, we provide all citizens the opportunity to participate in and protect the democratic process.
At King County Elections we PLEDGE that we will:
- P lan ahead and continuously improve our efficiency and our effectiveness;
- L isten and learn from the public and each other to facilitate open and timely communication;
- E ducate the public and each other about election processes;
- D edicate ourselves to democracy by conducting fair and impartial elections;
- G uide each other to fulfill our mission with excellence;
- E ncourage everyone’s contribution for the success of our team.
About King County
Located on Puget Sound in Washington State, and covering 2,134 square miles, King County is nearly twice as large as the average county in the United States. With more than 1.8 million people, it also ranks as the 14th most populous county in the nation.