Critical infrastructure protection plan
Region 6 (geographical King County) has completed the Region 6 Critical Infrastructure Protection Plan (CIPP) in order to protect critical infrastructure within the region. This plan may be used as a decision-making tool for allocating resources, and as an information sharing tool for owners/operators of infrastructure.
Government entities in our region understand that owners and operators of critical assets must provide the first line of defense for their own facilities and systems. Owners and operators routinely carry out risk management activities and invest in protective measures as a necessary business function. The CIPP is intended to help put these activities into a common framework and language to allow the entire critical infrastructure protection community to share information and understand interdependencies between sectors. The CIPP encourages a collaborative approach for developing and implementing smart protective measures.
The Region 6 Critical Infrastructure Protection Plan will help owners and operators to:
- Connect with other owners and operators in their sector to share best practices and identify the most critical assets within their sector.
- Provide information on initiatives and tools that may assist with assessing vulnerabilities.
- Understand their dependencies on other infrastructure sectors and then connect them with other sectors to identify and protect cross-sector assets that are considered most vital.
- Identify ways that regional government agencies can assist owners and operators with protecting their critical infrastructures.
This plan will also help regional government entities to better coordinate with infrastructure owners and operators by establishing communication networks and increasing their understanding of owner/operator needs. It will also allow them to effectively prioritize and allocate resources for the regional Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Plan.
In order to view this plan, you must have Acrobat Reader.
|CIP Plan Benefits
|Table of Contents
Risk Management Process
Roles and Responsibilities
Information Sharing and Coordination
Decision Making Process
Critical Infrastructure Protection Plan (main plan) (705KB PDF - 60 pages)
Critical Infrastructure Protection Plan (complete plan, including appendices and attachments) (788KB PDF - 93 pages)
APPENDICES (PDF Files)
- Appendix 1: Energy Sector
- Appendix 2: Information and Technology Sector
- Appendix 3: Telecommunications Sector
- Appendix 4: Water and Wastewater Sector
- Appendix 5: Transportation Sector
- Appendix 6: Healthcare Systems Sector
- Appendix 7: Public Disclosure Exemptions
- Appendix 8: Acronyms
ATTACHMENTS (PDF Files)
- Attachment A: Non-Disclosure & Confidentiality Agreement
- Attachment B: Owner/Operator CIP Checklist
CIP Chair is Lawrence Eichhorn 206-684-7574