King County Strategic Climate Action Plan
On November 2, 2015, the King County Council unanimously approved the 2015 update of the King County Strategic Climate Action Plan (SCAP) (28.2 MB PDF). The 2015 SCAP is a five-year blueprint for County action to confront climate change, integrating climate change into all areas of County operations and its work in the community.
The 2015 SCAP will guide County work to achieve ambitious greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets, prepare for the impacts of a changing climate, and ensure that King County continues to lead on climate action.
The plan responds to King County Council Ordinance 17270, Council Motion 14349, and recommendations from the 2014 Council Auditor’s Office performance audit of the 2012 SCAP. The 2015 SCAP also meets the annual reporting requirements of King County Code 18.50.
Download document here:
- 2015 King County Strategic Climate Action Plan (Full Plan- All Sections) – 28.2 MB PDF
- Executive Summary – 566 KB PDF
- Table Of Contents – 305 KB PDF
- Introduction – 2.1 MB PDF
- The Action Plan: Section One – Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions – 18.7 MB PDF
- The Action Plan: Section Two – Preparing for Climate Change Impacts – 5.6 MB PDF
- Appendices – 3.9 MB PDF
- King County Executive Dow Constantine’s Transmittal Letter – 260 KB PDF
- Executive delivers bold new plan to confront climate change after hottest June on record – Press Release – June 30, 2015