What is WorkSmart?
Increase employee productivity, improve business continuity and contribute to environmental sustainability when your company offers the workplace strategies provided by WorkSmart. These cutting-edge strategies, telework, coworking, compressed work week, and alternate scheduling, cut costs and absenteeism while boosting productivity and morale. WorkSmart services are free to employers located in King County.
The WorkSmart team of experts has over 30 years of experience working with private, public and non-profit businesses.
WorkSmart’s free one-on-one consultations include:
- Program implementation guidance
- Customized program delivery
- Assistance overcoming concerns
- Training managers and employees
- Developing custom presentations and marketing materials
- Technology consultation
- Developing policies, procedures and agreements
- Evaluation guidelines to mark progress toward goals
What are the benefits of WorkSmart?
- Better work/life balance
- Reduced commuting expenses
- Improved morale
- Decrease in commuting time & absences
- Increase productivity by 10-20%
- Overhead savings in situations where employees do not require permanent workspace at the office
- Improve recruitment and retention (50-65% of employees cite telework as important to their jobs)
- Business continuity in the event of construction projects or emergencies
Community & Environment Benefits
- Reduce vehicle miles traveled and traffic congestion
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Credit toward LEED certification
Our telework expert can help you get started:
Did you know …
In the 1980's, only two Fortune 100 companies offered compressed work weeks and only three offered telework. In 2013, 77 companies with that designation offer compressed work weeks and 85 offer telework! Source: Fortune Magazine
Accolades and Major Awards:
In August 2016 King County Metro's WorkSmart program won the top award from the Association for Commuter Transportation's international conference.
"Every organization that utilizes the WorkSmart program is helping to take cars off the road," said ACT President Robert Henry. "We applaud WorkSmart for encouraging Seattle area employers to think smart about their workers and their environmental impact and look forward to others following their lead in offering similar sustainable solutions."