Goat Hill Giving Garden
Volunteering at work through gardening
Balanced You partners with Pike Market Senior Center at the Goat Hill Giving Garden. King County employees and other members of the Downtown Seattle community are welcome to volunteer at the Goat Hill Giving Garden, located at 5th Ave. and Jefferson Street. A giving garden grows food specifically for donating to food banks and other organizations that feed those in need.
How to participate:
- The Goat Hill Giving Garden is a great opportunity to learn more about gardening and to get outside for a great cause!
- If you’re interested in volunteering, contact us. We need help in watering, planting, and harvesting.
- Check out our calendar to learn more about classes at the garden
- Learn more about the Goat Hill Giving Garden
- King County and community partners celebrate the Goat Hill Giving Garden
- To learn more about giving gardens, visit the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods Community Gardening site.
- To learn more gardening and community classes, visit Seattle Tilth.
- Learn more about programs and other volunteer opportunities at Pike Market Senior Center.
- Learn more about the King County Seed Lending Library, a grass-roots organization providing seeds and gardening education to the public.
Please share your feedback with the team at Balanced You so we can spread good ideas, share success stories, and bring new tools to help you feel energized and be your best. The more you tell us, the better Balanced You will be!