Growth and Development
What it means: employees have opportunities to advance in their career and can gain skills and knowledge.
When it's a strength
- Employees have development plans designed to help them develop skills to improve performance in their current jobs and develop competencies to achieve longer term career goals.
- Managers and supervisors provide skills coaching and career development support.
- Career paths are transparent.
- Opportunities exist in current jobs to develop the skills necessary to advance.
If it’s a weakness:
- It is unclear how to advance in a career.
- Employees feel stuck at their current skill level in performing their jobs.
- Career advancement opportunities are dependent on who you know.