Youth Service Center
Parking changes coming to Youth Services Center
Parking space will be limited at the Youth Services Center (YSC) during the on-site construction of its replacement, the Children and Family Justice Center (CFJC), between Spring 2016 and 2020. King County is working with the contractor to create as many spaces as possible on the site, and it is expected that all YSC-based employees and visitors will have parking available should they choose to drive.
YSC-based employees can help – and save money!
To make this period easier on everyone, King County’s Employee Transportation Program (ETP) is offering YSC-based employees* alternate-transit incentives – some that may be able to cover all your commute costs for the next four years. Incentives are detailed below. Start earning your incentives today!
Register for incentives
Incentive registration forms have been distributed via e-mail and are in the YSC break rooms. Please contact Hossein Barahimi if you still need a registration form. ETP@kingcounty.gov or 206-477-5853
Alternate transit incentives
FREE Metro Vanpool
- ETP will pay vanpool costs for YSC-based employees who join one of the 60+ vanpools currently serving First Hill and Capitol Hill
- When 9 or more YSC-based employees start a new King County Metro Vanpool in a 12- or 15-passenger van, the program will pay all costs associated with their vanpool (van, gas, insurance, maintenance and Home Free Guarantee rides for employees whose van left early or have an unexpected emergency).
- Reserved parking space
- YSC-based employees who join Metro Vanpool will receive up to $200 in signing bonuses:
- RideshareOnline offers a $50 signing bonus, in the form of MasterCard, to every new vanpool participant.
- ETP offers an additional $50** signing bonus to every new vanpool participant.
- RideshareOnline offers a $100 signing bonus, in the form of MasterCard, to anyone who takes charge and forms a new vanpool.
- $50 signing bonus**
- $60 per YSC employee/month (4-person carpools)
- $40 per YSC employee/month (3-person carpools)
- $30 per YSC employee/month (2-person carpools)
- Reserved parking space for carpools with two or more YSC-based employees
Employees must carpool at least 51% of the days they travel to work.
Public transit, walking and biking
- $50 signing bonus**
- $20 a month when you take transit, walk, or bike at least 10 days/month
- $30 a month when you take transit, walk, or bike 11-15 days/month
- $40 a month when you take transit, walk, or bike 16 days/month or more
|*||=||Incentives only apply to employees who are based at the Youth Services Center (1211 E. Alder Street). Not applicable to staff based out of other King County locations, even those near this facility.|
|**||=||All ETP-related incentives and bonuses are in the form of taxable REI and gas gift cards.|