Meet one-on-one with a Career Coach
Want to unlock your potential to maximize your skills? Career coaching is a solution-oriented approach supporting employees to develop a career that reflects their talent.
Career Coaches from King County Career Support Services (CSS) can help you make informed decisions about your development and career path. CSS offers various resources to help you articulate your unique strengths:
- Identify transferable skills
- Create a distinctive resume and application materials
- Prepare for job interviews
To get started and meet with a Career Coach:
- Self-schedule a 30-minute appointment using your Microsoft Outlook account by inviting the HRD Employee Resource Center for any available time slot on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Attach any relevant documents to your meeting notice.
- Indicate your meeting preference in the subject line, over the phone or in person.
- For phone meetings provide the phone number we should call
- In-person meetings are held in the HRD Employee Resource Center (Administration Building, 500 Fourth Ave., downtown Seattle, Suite 568).
If you do not have access to King County Outlook email, request an appointment by emailing HRDERC@kingcounty.gov or calling 206-296-7340.
- Review our career planning resources.
- Collect any documents you might want to bring: resume, cover letter, etc.
- Come ready to take notes and discuss your career!