Career Progression Classification Project CP2 - Information Technology Career Family
In 2017, Compensation and Classification Services (CCS) embarked on a project to develop an updated classification framework for the Information Technology (IT) Career Family. The purpose of this project is to update and/or create new classifications which provide consistency, clearly describe both the duties and scope of responsibility for each classification, and supports employee development.Why is DHR doing this?
In the 2019 Employee Engagement survey over 2000 executive branch respondents feel unclear career paths is a barrier in developing their skills. In addition, many existing current classifications are out-of-date and do not reflect the current work being performed.
Who is on the Steering Committee?
- Career Family Department Representatives
- Tanya Hannah, KCIT CIO, Business Sponsor and Career Family Owner
- Stephen Heard, KCIT CTO
- Carmel Call, DES BRC Division Director
- Chauntelle Hellner, DES BRC Division Deputy Director
- Brian Roberts, KCIT Human Resources Manager
- Robert James, DES BRC Human Resources Supervisor
- Shannon Smith, KCIT Chief of Staff
- Ginny Dale, DHR Division Director
- Career Family Project Manager
- Meredith Merriman, DHR Compensation Manager, CP2 Project Sponsor
- Molly Jensen, DHR Compensation Analyst
- Career Family Technical Lead
- Jason Cossette, DHR Labor Analyst
- Labor Relations Technical Lead
- Lacey O'Connell, Labor Negotiator