Community, Health and Housing Services Committee
The Council's Community, Health and Housing Services Committee considers and makes recommendations on policies relating to:
- health and housing services provided to the community by county agencies and branches, including, but not limited to, domestic violence facilitators, court navigators and community courts
- public health programs, including those related to the protection, promotion, and provision functions of the Department of Public Health, including the structure of the public health centers
- affordable housing, including therapeutic and low-income housing
- human services programs, including review of human services-related levies
- economic development, including equity and pay disparity
In the areas within the committee's purview, the committee tracks state and federal legislative action and develops recommendations on policy direction for the biennial budget.
PUBLIC NOTICE: The Community, Health and Housing Services Committee meetings will be held virtually until further notice. To help prevent the spread of the COVID 19 virus, the Chambers will be closed and all committee members and staff will be participating in the meeting remotely.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENT: The Community, Health and Housing Services Committee values community input and looks forward to hearing from you on agenda items.
You may comment in writing on agenda items by submitting your comments using the link below. If your comments are submitted before 8:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting, they will be distributed to the Committee members and appropriate staff prior to the meeting.
HOW TO WATCH/LISTEN TO THE MEETING: There are several ways to watch or listen in to the meeting:
1) Stream online via this link:
https://livestream.com/accounts/15175343/events/4485487 or input the link web address into your web browser.
2) Watch King County TV Channel 22 (Comcast Channel 22 and 322(HD), Wave Broadband Channel 22)
3) Listen to the meeting by telephone.
Dial: 1 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 937 1830 5122
To help us manage the meeting, please use the Livestream or King County TV options, if possible, to watch or listen to the meeting.
Meeting Times: 9:30 AM on the second Wednesday of each month
Meeting Materials for the Community, Health and Housing Services Committee
Listed below are the meeting materials for the Community, Health and Housing Services Committee. The meeting materials available before each meeting are combined into one PDF document and posted below under Meeting Agendas and Materials. On occasion, not all materials will be available before the meeting. Additional materials for the meeting are posted as they become available.
(If links are not displaying below, you may access agenda materials at https://aqua.kingcounty.gov/council/agendas/chhs/)