Community, Health and Housing Services Committee
The Council's Community, Health and Housing Services Committee considers and makes recommendations on policies relating to:
- health and housing services provided to the community by county agencies and branches, including, but not limited to, domestic violence facilitators, court navigators and community courts
- public health programs, including those related to the protection, promotion, and provision functions of the Department of Public Health, including the structure of the public health centers
- affordable housing, including therapeutic and low-income housing
- human services programs, including review of human services-related levies
- economic development, including equity and pay disparity
In the areas within the committee's purview, the committee tracks state and federal legislative action and develops recommendations on policy direction for the biennial budget.
PUBLIC NOTICE: The Community, Health and Housing Services Committee meetings will be held virtually until further notice. To help prevent the spread of the COVID 19 virus, the Chambers will be closed and all committee members and staff will be participating in the meeting remotely.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENT: The Community, Health and Housing Services Committee values community input and looks forward to hearing from you on agenda items.
There are two ways to provide public comment:
1. Written public comment: You may comment in writing on agenda items by submitting your comments using the link below. If your comments are submitted before 8:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting, they will be distributed to the committee members and appropriate staff prior to the meeting.
2. Oral public comment: You may provide oral comment on agenda items during the meeting’s public comment period by connecting to the meeting via phone or computer using the ZOOM application and the meeting identification and password below.
You have the right to language access services at no cost to you. To request these services, please contact our Language Access Coordinator, Reeni Nair at 206-477-4978, or firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00 a.m. the day prior to the meeting.
You are not required to sign up in advance. Comments are limited to items on the agenda.
CONNECTING TO THE MEETING
Meeting ID: 924 8152 5048
If you do not have access to the ZOOM application, you can connect to the meeting by calling 1-253-215-8782 and using the meeting ID and password above. Connecting in this manner, however, may impact your ability to be unmuted to speak.HOW TO WATCH/LISTEN TO THE MEETING: There are several ways to watch or listen in to the meeting:
1) Stream online via this link: https://livestream.com/accounts/15175343/events/4485487, or input the link web address into your web browser.
2) Watch King County TV Channel 22 (Comcast Channel 22 and 322(HD), Wave Broadband Channel 22)
3) Listen to the meeting by telephone – See “Connecting to the Meeting” above.
To help us manage the meeting, if you do not wish to be called upon for public comment please use the Livestream or King County TV options listed above, if possible, to watch or listen to the meeting.
Meeting Times: 9:30 AM on the second Wednesday of each month
Meeting Materials for the Community, Health and Housing Services Committee
Listed below are the meeting materials for the Community, Health and Housing Services Committee. The meeting materials available before each meeting are combined into one PDF document and posted below under Meeting Agendas and Materials. On occasion, not all materials will be available before the meeting. Additional materials for the meeting are posted as they become available.
(If links are not displaying below, you may access agenda materials at https://aqua.kingcounty.gov/council/agendas/chhs/)