ORCA Low Income Fare for Transit
The King County Council created Orca LIFT to ensure that all residents can afford to get to work, school, the doctor and other vital services. The Council began working on creating a low-income transit fare back in 2012 as part of our commitment to equity and social justice. The program officially went into effect March 1, 2015.
See if you qualify at www.orcalift.com.
Watch a short video on the creation of Orca LIFT:
See if you qualify for Orca Lift.
• Op-Ed: Helping those who depend on public transportation (2/24/15)
• Structure announced for reduced-fare program for lower-income Metro bus riders (8/14/14)
• County Council approves creation of low-income fare program (2/24/14)
• Ensuring transportation access for all: Panel recommends low-income transit fare (9/9/13)
• Ensuring transportation access for all: Council creates advisory panel on transit mobility (10/8/12)