Night meetings in Seattle, Redmond and Kent to hear from public on Executive Proposed Budget
StoryPublic input is vital to the creation of the King County Budget. Metropolitan King County Councilmember Dave Upthegrove, chair of the Council’s Budget and Fiscal Management Committee, wants the public to come tell the Budget Committee what their priorities are for the County’s 2017-2018 Biennial Budget at three evening meetings throughout King County:
• Wednesday, October 5 – Seattle—King County Courthouse, Council Chambers 10th Flr. 516 Third Ave
• Thursday, October 13 – Redmond—City Hall, 15670 NE 85th St,
• Tuesday, October 18 – Kent—Norm Maleng Regional Justice Center, Courtroom 3F, 401 Fourth Avenue N
All of the Budget Committee meetings will start at 6:30 p.m.
“We are going to make some tough choices this year and will rely on public input to make the best choices possible,” said Upthegrove. “I encourage anyone who cares about buses, human services or public safety to not only attend or watch a hearing, but to contact the council with your thoughts.”
All members of the Council serve on the Budget Committee during the review of the budget and will join Councilmember Upthegrove and the three Councilmembers who will direct the Budget Committee review panels:
• Physical Environment Panel Chair Rod Dembowski,
• Health, Human Services and Criminal Justice Panel Chair Claudia Balducci,
• and General Government Panel Chair Kathy Lambert.
Day-after coverage of the public hearings will be available both online and on King County TV, seen on Comcast Cable channel 22 (HD channel 322) and Wave Cable channel 22 (HD channel 722). You can also sign up to follow the deliberations on the Council’s 2017 Budget page, Facebook and Twitter (#KCBudget).