Coming Up at County Council: Meeting Highlights
April 23-27, 2018We will begin the Council meeting with a proclamation declaring April Sexual Assault Awareness Month in King County to recognize those who have survived sexual assault and to highlight the resources available to those who need them.
Members will also congratulate the Garfield High School Boys Basketball team that captured the state 3A title!
Monday’s Council meeting is the 4th Council meeting of the month, which means we invite the public to provide comment to Councilmembers on issues of County interest.
The Council will also consider reappointments to committees and boards that provide oversight and advice to the Council and Executive on a wide number of issues:
• Ken Brunner to the King County Conservation Futures Citizen Oversight Committee,
• Barbara Langdon to the King County Children and Youth Advisory Board,
• Jenny Becker to the King County Advisory Council on Aging and Disability Services,
• Chad Buechler to the King County Regional Humans Services Citizen Oversight Board,
• And Walt Hubbard, Mary Hodbay and the Hon. Wendy Welker to the King County Emergency Management Advisory Committee.
The meeting begins at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, April 23.
At the Committee level:
The Government Accountability and Oversight Committee will receive an update on the work done to increase safety around the King County Courthouse after concerns were raised last summer. King County Sheriff Mitzi Johanknecht will be joined by the Hon. Laura Inveen, Presiding Judge, King County Superior Court in chambers.
(Tuesday, April 24, at 9:30 a.m.)
The Law and Justice Committee will hear from both the Office of Public Defense and the King County Prosecutor:
• DPD Director Lorinda Youngcourt will brief members on the department’s proposals regarding Pre-Trial Release, Juries, and Sentencing for Reducing Disproportionality in the Criminal Legal System,
• King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg will follow with a briefing on Adult Diversion Opportunities within the PAO.
(Tuesday, April 24, at 1:30 p.m.)
The Budget and Fiscal Management Committee will get an update on the state budget and revenue forecast from Dwight Dively, the director of the Office of Performance, Strategy and Budget.
(Wednesday, April 25, at 9:30 a.m.)
Coming Up at the Council is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas. To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation, please visit the King County Council’s calendar at https://kingcounty.gov/council/agendas.aspx.
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are in the King County Council Chambers, Room 1001, King County Courthouse, 516 Third Ave, Seattle, WA.