Coming Up at County Council: Meeting Highlights
October 15-19, 2018
This week’s Council meeting will highlight heritage, awareness and a life dedicated to preserving King County’s “Green Curtain”
• Members will recognize the history and heritage of King County’s Filipino community by declaring October Filipino American History Month.
• It affects 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men and can create a cycle that impacts generations. The Council will proclaim October Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
• Gene Duvernoy has dedicated his life to ensuring that future generations would have space safe from development to enjoy. Councilmembers will recognize the retiring founder of Forterra for the work he has done for the environment.
The meeting begins at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, October 15.
At the Committee level:
During consideration of the 2019-2020 King County Budget, most council committee meetings will be cancelled.
• Combatting our Housing Crisis
(Tuesday, October 16 at 9:30 a.m.)
• Local Service Excellence
(Tuesday, October 16 at 1:30 p.m.)
• Move King County
(Wednesday, October 17 at 9:30 a.m.)
• Equity and Justice for All
(Thursday, October 18 at 9:30 a.m.)
Coming Up at the Council is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas. To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation, please visit the King County Council’s calendar at https://kingcounty.gov/council/agendas.aspx.
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are in the King County Council Chambers, Room 1001, King County Courthouse, 516 Third Ave, Seattle, WA.