Councilmembers also serve on many special boards and commissions that deal with issues that impact communities throughout King County and the Puget Sound region. These include the Sound Transit, the Growth Management Planning Council, and the Puget Sound Regional Council.
- 4Culture, Ex Officio Board Member
- Sound Transit, Board Member
- South King County Area Transportation Board, Board Member
- E-911 Leadership Group, Member
- LEOFF Plan 2 Retirement Board, Board Member
- WRIA 9 Watershed Ecosystem Forum, Member
The Metropolitan King County Council is the legislative branch of King County government. The Council adopts ordinances and motions, sets policy for the county, and holds approval authority for the county budget. The Council uses its committee structure to consider the legislation before it. Ordinances (laws) and motions (policy statements) are assigned to a Council committee for consideration, and then are recommended to the full Council for action.