Taking a Phased Approach
The three broad phases of ECR were established in 1999 by early program visionaries. Each of these high-level phases included smaller-scale projects within. Each new phase was built on the foundation of those that preceded it, benefiting from the experience and technological advances gained.
The ECR Steering Committee
The ECR Program Steering Committee was enormously important to the success of the Program's phased development. The Steering Committee addressed many of the Program's complicated technical and procedural issues, the tension between privacy and access to information, the effects of the cultural change that ECR brought, legal and court rules, and the management of judicial and other court needs.
The ECR Steering Committee included representatives from:
- King County District Court
- Associated Counsel for the Accused
- King County Information & Telecommunications Services
- King County Recorder's Office
- King County Law Library
- Members of the Legal Community
- Office of Public Defense
- Office of the Prosecuting Attorney
- Court of Appeals
- King County Superior Court
- King County Department of Judicial Administration (Superior Court Clerk's Office)