Skip to main content
King County logo

Click or tap the "Quick Exit" button to leave this page immediately, or press the "escape" key if you use a keyboard.

If you're concerned your internet usage might be monitored you can call, chat, or text The National Domestic Violence Hotline, 24 hours everyday, 800-799-7233 or 800-787-3224 (TTY).

Read more about staying safe online

Internet usage can be monitored and is impossible to erase completely.

Clear your browser history (external link) after visiting this website.

Computers store information about the websites you visit. That means bills you pay and purchases you make are tracked, and messages or emails can be retrieved. You should always consider that a computer might be monitored when you use it and be careful with what you send others or post.

Safe computers can be found at your local library, Internet cafe, shelter, workplace, or computer technology center; avoid using shared computers when researching things like travel plans, housing options, legal issues, and safety plans. Using safe browsing practices (like using a VPN) can help prevent abusive partners from tracking your Internet history.

Domestic Violence Protection Order (RCW 26.50)

A petition can be filed by a person who is a victim of domestic violence or fears violence by a family or household member.  This includes:

  • Persons who are or were married.
  • Persons who are or were domestic partners.
  • Persons who have a child in common.
  • Adults who do or did reside together.
  • Persons 16 years or older who have or have had a dating relationship.
  • Adults who are related by blood or marriage.
  • Persons with a biological or legal parent-child relationship, including step-parents and step-children, and grandparents and grandchildren.

The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) may petition on behalf of and with the consent of a vulnerable adult.  "Domestic Violence" means: Physical harm, bodily injury, assault, the infliction of fear of imminent physical harm, sexual assault, stalking.

Please ensure that you fill out all these required forms:

  1. Petition for Order for Protection
  2. Child Custody Information Sheet (fill out if minors are involved)
  3. Law Enforcement Information Sheet (LEIS)
  4. Proposed Temporary Order for Protection/Notice of Hearing
  5. Case Information Cover Sheet (CICS)
  6. Contact Information Sheet and
  7. Temporary Order to Surrender Weapons (fill out only if requesting an Order to Surrender Weapons)

Declaration Form:  FIll out only if the judicial officer requests it at the time of the hearing.

Please complete all the required forms and information. When all documents are complete, please visit us in our virtual office.

For other forms not listed on this page, please visit the Washington State Courts web site at

Click below for Domestic Violence forms

Petition for Order of Protection - Domestic Violence   Microsoft Word file
Child Custody Information Sheet   Microsoft Word file
Law Enforcement Information Sheet   Microsoft Word file
Proposed Temporary Order for Protection/Notice of Hearing - KENT   Microsoft Word file
Proposed Temporary Order for Protection/Notice of Hearing - SEATTLE      Microsoft Word file
Case Information Cover Sheet (CICS)   Microsoft Word file
Contact Information Sheet   Microsoft Word file
Temporary Order to Surrender Weapons   Microsoft Word file
Declaration Form   Microsoft Word file
Proof of Service   Microsoft Word file