Skip to main content
King County logo

Generally, VHA requires an honorable character of discharge, which includes general and medical discharges. “Other Than Honorable” discharges are not eligible for VHA services unless a Veteran has a service-connected disability and only services specific to the disability would be available. For more information: Veterans who have experienced military sexual trauma during their service period may be eligible for MST-related services regardless of character of discharge. For more information: VA eligibility policies can be complicated, we encourage all Veterans with questions about their VHA eligibility to visit or call our local VA hospital. To speak to someone in the eligibility office, please call 1-800-329-8387, ext. 76542.
VA Puget Sound offers treatment for most mental health conditions, including PTSD, depression, substance use disorders. For a comprehensive list, please visit their website:
No. Though some Veterans Treatment Courts only work with veterans who been in combat RVC is open to any veteran who qualifies for VA Health Administration (VHA) services.