Skip to main content
King County logo

Frequently Asked Questions

CEA ensures that people experiencing homelessness in King County can get help finding stable housing by identifying, assessing, and connecting them to housing support services and housing resources. CEA uses a standardized Housing Triage Tool that matches the right level of services and available housing resources to people experiencing homelessness.

CEA uses a triage tool, called the VI-SPDAT, to get more information about the needs of each homeless family or homeless person. In general, the triage tool asks a series of questions about you, your health, how you are experiencing homelessness, and what other needs you might have.

CEA serves all people (single adults, young adults*, couples, families, and veterans) who are experiencing homelessness in King County. Additionally, young adults* who are at risk of homelessness within 14 days can also receive CEA services.

Being homeless means you are:
  • Living and sleeping outside or in places not meant for human habitation,
  • Fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence**,
  • Staying in an emergency shelter, or
  • Exiting an institution*** where you stayed for up to 90 days and were homeless before entering that institution.

    *Young adult means a person between 17.5 years old through 24 years old.

    **Domestic violence means the person or family is afraid to return to their home or is experiencing dangerous or life threatening conditions at home, usually due to abuse, stalking, dating violence, sexual assault or other physical assault. Persons who have experienced human trafficking or sexual exploitation may also be served by CEA.

    ***Institution means a jail, prison, a psychiatric hospital, medical hospital, or a drug/alcohol treatment program.

  • You can get connected to CEA by contacting a Regional Access Point. The address for these offices are listed in Question 6.

    CEA can only serve people or families who meet at least one of the conditions described in Question 3. If you or your family do not meet any of the conditions listed, please call 2-1-1 or visit to get connected with other services. 

    There are 5 Regional Access Point offices located throughout King County. They are listed below.


    Seattle Office


    Catholic Community Services

    Address: 100 23rd Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144


    Phone: 206-323-6336


    Get Directions


    Monday –Friday 9 am-5 pm. Evenings/weekends hours by appointment.

    South King County in Federal Way Office

    Multi-Service Center- Federal Way

    Address: 1200 South 336th Street, Federal Way, WA 98003

    Phone: (253) 838-6810

    Get Directions


    Monday –Friday 9 am-5 pm. Evenings/weekends by appointment.

    South King County - Renton Office

    YWCA- Renton

    Address: 1010 South 2nd Street, Renton, WA 98057


    Phone: (425) 264-1400

    Get Directions

    Monday –Friday 9 am-5 pm. Saturday hours by appointment only.

    North King County Office


    Opportunity Center for Employment and     Education

    Address: 9600 College Way North, Seattle, WA  98103


    Phone: 206-753-4890


    Get Directions





    Monday–Friday 9 am-5 pm. Evenings/weekends by appointment only.

    East King County Office

    Catholic Community Services - Bellevue

    (Note:The office is in the First Congregational Church building.)
    11061 NE 2nd Street, Bellevue, WA 98004

    Phone: (206) 323-6336

    Get Directions

    Yes. Workers at the Regional Access Point offices can speak several different languages. When you contact a RAP, please let the person answering your phone call know what language you are most comfortable speaking. If no workers at the location where you are meeting speak the same language as yours, the person answering your phone call will make sure an interpreter will be available during your appointment.

    Yes. You are welcome to bring your children with you to your appointment.  
    Yes. Regional Access Point offices can offer evening and weekend hours by appointment. 

    If you were homeless before being in a jail or prison AND stayed in jail or prison for 90 days or less, then CEA can help.

    If you are a young adult (17.5 through 24 years old), CEA can help if it is at least two weeks before you leave a jail or prison. For a young adult, there is no requirement that you were homeless immediately before entering the jail or prison. There is also no requirement that you were in the jail or prison 90 days or less.

    CEA does not use a waitlist for its housing resources. Instead, we have a Community Queue where we match the needs of the household experiencing homelessness with housing resources that are currently available. Having the household information added to the Community Queue does not mean that housing is guaranteed. Multiple factors impact resource availability and the wait time for them is uncertain.


    If you want to update your contact information or any other information related to your housing screening, you may call directly any of the Regional Access Point offices.
    If you have a concern about CEA policies and procedures, you may call 206-328-5796 or email

    Additionally, CEA hosts a monthly feedback and update call every 1st Friday of the month from 10 to 11 am. To join the conference call, please dial 206-263-8114 and enter the conference ID 486140. Additionally, please feel free to sign up for our newsletter by emailing 

    Single Adults: Call 211 to get connected to shelter.          

    Youth and Young Adults:
    YouthCare: (800) 495-7802
    ROOTS: (206) 632-1635
    The Landing: (425) 449-3868
    New Horizons (206) 374-0866
    Nexus: (253) 275-1634
    PSKS: (206) 726-8500

    Families: Families experiencing literal homelessness or fleeing domestic violence who are in need of same day access to shelter should call the Family Emergency Shelter Access Line (206-245-1026) every day they are in need of shelter, starting at 9:00am (no end time). If a shelter bed is available, families will be contacted by shelters providers throughout King County in the afternoon and evening.

    Domestic Violence Shelters: Call 211 to get connected to shelter, or call the Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233.

    Contact Us

    If you have questions about CEA, please contact 206-328-5796 or

    If you are looking for referral to housing and support services, contact one of the regional access points locations.