Frequently asked questions
- Who is eligible to receive the assembly?
- How long is the assembly?
- How much space do we need for the assembly?
- For which grade levels is the assembly appropriate?
- Is there a minimum or maximum number of students allowed in one assembly?
- Is there a fee for the program?
- What is the maximum number of students or classrooms allowed to attend one workshop?
- How many workshops can our school have?
- How long are the workshops?
- How do we know on which dates a workshop presenter is available to come to our school?
- Do the workshops need to be scheduled consecutively?
- Can we have the workshops before the assembly?
All King County elementary schools that are not within the City of Seattle and have at least 100 K-6 students are eligible to receive the assembly program.
The assembly is 45 minutes long. However, if your school requires two assemblies, we request that you schedule them consecutively in one-hour blocks.
The assembly set is 25 feet across and 15 feet deep. It is best to hold the assembly in a gym, cafeteria, or multi-purpose room with an electrical outlet.
The assembly is appropriate for grades K-6. We offer both a primary version (K-3) and an intermediate version (4-6).
Yes, there should be a minimum of 100 students and a maximum of 350 students per assembly performance. (Note: Larger schools can request two assemblies, generally one primary and one intermediate).
No, the assembly and follow-up workshops are offered free of charge by the King County Solid Waste Division.
The workshops are very hands-on and interactive, with supplies to accommodate one classroom (maximum of 30 students) at a time.
Each school can schedule up to three follow-up workshops. An exception may be made to accommodate all classes of a specific grade level that is focused on the chosen topic.
The workshops are 40 minutes long. You may also choose a more project-oriented Green Team workshop, which would take one hour.
Please call 206-583-0655 to confirm the exact availability of workshop presenters.
Yes, the workshop presenter only needs about 10 minutes between each workshop.
The classroom workshops are designed to reinforce the messages of the assembly, therefore the workshops should be scheduled for a date after the assembly. If a class is anxious to get started on a project, a Green Team visit may be arranged for an earlier date.