Certificates of recognition
for Green teams and individual students, staff and parents
The program will continue to provide a certificate of recognition to each school and district after it completes a program level.
We encourage schools to recognize their student Green Teams and the individual students, staff and parents who lead and contribute to Green School successes. Congratulating your leaders at assemblies and at staff meetings works well. If you also want to recognize students, staff and volunteers with paper certificates, you may use our “fill-able PDF” certificate forms. One form is a full-page certificate and the other form includes six small certificates on one page.
Type names directly into the fill-able PDF forms and print them.
If your school wants to provide certificates of recognition to students, staff, parents or teams who have helped with conservation efforts, these waste reduction tips will help you do it in a more environmentally-friendly way.
To conserve paper and ink, use the following strategies.
- Print one certificate for your Green Team instead of printing one certificate for each student, staff and parent volunteer. Last year several schools read aloud the names of each team member at an assembly and asked all team members to come forward to accept the team certificate. Schools then hung the team certificate in a hallway or main office.
- Use the certificate form that includes six small certificate cards on each page instead of printing a full-page certificate for each person. Each certificate recipient would receive a small card instead of an 8 ½ by 11 certificate.
- Open the certificate formDownload PDF 211 K
- Type the name of the student, staff member, parent volunteer or team in the first white box.
- If desired, type the name of your school in the second white box.
- Print each certificate form after you type in the name of the recipient. You cannot save each form, so remember to print each certificate after you type in the recipient’s name.
- Open the certificate formDownload PDF 710 K
- Type the name of the student, staff member, parent volunteer or team in the white box. (There is no room on the card for the name of the school.)
- Print each certificate form after you type in the names of the six recipients. You cannot save each form, so remember to print each certificate page after you fill in the six names.
- Use a paper cutter to cut out each certificate card.
Notes about printing:
- The certificates will be more durable if they are printed on heavy stock.
- If your school does not have a color printer, consider asking a parent volunteer to fill in the certificates and print them on a home printer.
If you have questions about the certificates, please contact the Green Schools Program online or at 206-477-5267.