Skip to main content
Tools from King County Green Schools Program
- Water flow bags to test water flow. Schools participating in the King County Green Schools Program may request water flow bags from their King County representative or from program manager Dale Alekel at 206-477-5267.
- Schools may download the following tools. King County Green Schools Program participants may request color copies of the "Turn off Faucet" signs by contacting their program representative or Dale Alekel at 206-477-5267.
Assistance, rebates, and recommendations
- Cascade Water Alliance external link
Contact: Michael Brent, Water Resources Manager, 425-453-1810 or email@example.com
Association of water districts and cities that provides the following services to schools in its service area: water conservation recommendations, irrigation audits and rebates, faucet aerators, rain barrels and rain cisterns, and classroom workshops. Service area includes Bellevue, Issaquah, Kirkland, Redmond, Sammamish, Skyway, and Tukwila.
- Saving Water Partnership external link
Contact: Mark Guthrie at 206-684-5955 for irrigation and landscaping; Phil Paschke at 206-684-5883 for indoor water conservation.
Partnership of water utilities that provides the following services to schools in its service area: water conservation
trainings, audits and rebates to implement the one percent Water Conservation Initiative. Partners include Cedar River Water and Sewer District; City of Bothell; City of Duvall; City of Mercer Island; City of Renton; Coal Creek Utility District; Highline Water District; Northshore Utility District; Northshore Water District; Olympic View Water & Sewer District; Seattle Public Utilities; Soos Creek Water and Sewer District; Water District 20 (Burien); Water District 45 (Seattle); Water District 49 (Burien); Water District 90 (Renton); Water District 119 (Duvall); Water District 125 (Seattle); and Woodinville Water District.
- RainWise Program external link
- Rain barrel and rain cistern vendors
Measuring water use