Running for office
To become a candidate, you must complete and file a Declaration of Candidacy, meet the qualifications for the office at the time of filing, and be registered to vote in the district. Read the Candidate Manual for more information.
The 2018 Candidate Manual will be available by March 15.
- PCO Manual
- Offices Subject to Election
The list of offices subject to election will be available March 15. Jurisdictions have until March 1 to provide incumbent and salary information; this information is needed in order to create the list of offices open with filing fee amounts.
- Campaign contribution limits for King County offices
- Local voters' pamphlet paper submission form
- Political sign regulations (King County)
- Political sign regulations (WSDOT)
- Public Disclosure Commission requirements
- Campaign contact information update form
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Declaration of Write-In Candidacy
- PCO Declaration of Candidacy
- Filing fee petition
- Withdrawal of Candidacy
Subscribe to candidate notifications
Subscribe to alerts for candidates, campaign managers, and others interested in running for office. Includes notices about campaign filing, deadlines, etc.