Online candidate filing
Online candidate filing is closed. Please contact Election Services if you have any questions at 206-296-1565.
Frequently asked questions
Online candidate filing is available 24 hours a day starting May 11, 2020, at 9 a.m. and ending on May 15, 2020, at 4 p.m.
Before you file for office you will need to:
- Verify that you are registered to vote in the district for which you are filing.
- Verify that your voter registration information is correct by logging into My Voter Information.
- If your registration information is not correct, call us at 206-296-1565 before starting to file.
- Read the Candidate Manual .
The following districts must file with the Secretary of State's Office :
- US Senator
- US Representative
- State Supreme Court
- State Senator and Representative for Legislative Districts 1, 30, 31, 32, and 39
The following districts must file with the primary filing officer:
When you are ready to file for office, you will need:
- First and last name as you are registered to vote
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Campaign contact information (if any)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Valid credit card (if there is a filing fee)
- If you are submitting a filing fee petition, you must file in person at the Elections office in Renton
No, all filing fees are non-refundable (RCW 29A.24.131).
No, you must meet all of the qualifications for the office at the time of filing. Knowingly providing false information on the declaration of candidacy is a class C felony (RCW 29A.04.311).