Register to vote
Public Health Notice
To help slow the spread of CoVID-19 in our community, King County Elections is providing virtual service only at this time. If you have any questions or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 206-296-VOTE (8683).
You can register to vote online or by mail until 8 days before an election or in-person through Election day. Registrations done by mail need to be received, not postmarked, by the 8 day deadline.
Three ways to register
You can register online , 24 hours a day, at the Washington Secretary of State's website.
To register online, you will need:
- A current Washington State driver license, or
- A current Washington State ID card
If you do not have either of these, you can still register by mail or in-person.
2. By mail
Download and print a voter registration form and mail it to King County Elections. Forms are available in many languages.
You can also register to vote at one of our community events.
Who can register
To register to vote in Washington, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Washington state
- At least 18 years old by election day
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order
- Not under Department of Corrections supervision for a Washington felony conviction
Read more about who can vote in Washington.
16 and 17 year olds can now pre-register to vote! Registrants under the age of 18 will have their registrations held until they become eligible to vote.