Running for office
To become a candidate, you must complete and file a Declaration of Candidacy, meet the qualifications for the office at the time of filing, and be registered to vote in the district. Read the Candidate Manual for more information.
Public Health Notice
As part of the continued effort to stop the spread of CoVID-19 in our community, King County Elections strongly recommends filing online. Those who do come in person will be required to wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth. If you have any questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com or give us a call at 206-296-VOTE (8683).
- Candidate Manual
- Precinct Committee Officer (PCO) Manual
- Offices Subject to Election
- Campaign contribution limits for King County offices
- Find your School or Public Hospital Director District
- Political sign regulations (King County)
- Political sign regulations (WSDOT)
- Public Disclosure Commission requirements
- Seattle candidate information:
- Best practices for unofficial ballot printing stations & temporary drop boxes
- Writing for a multilingual audience - tips for writing a Local Voters' Pamphlet statement
- Online candidate filing
- Online PCO filing
- Online voters’ pamphlet filing
- Campaign contact information update form
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Declaration of Write-In Candidacy
- PCO Declaration of Candidacy
- Filing fee petition
- Withdrawal of Candidacy
Subscribe to candidate notifications
Subscribe to alerts for candidates, campaign managers, and others interested in running for office. Includes notices about campaign filing, deadlines, etc.
These videos will review how to file for office and more!
How to file online (10 min.)
How to submit your local voters' pamphlet materials online (10 min.)
Recording of an online candidate workshop (75 min.) This workshop reviews how to file for office in King County, how to submit your local voters’ pamphlet information, voter lists and data management, campaign sign regulations, and basic public disclosure information. This session also included topics specific to anyone interested in running for office in the City of Seattle.
Phone: 206-296-VOTE (8683)
TTY: Relay 711
Sign up for email or text notifications