Board Member Orientation Materials
WELCOME:Congratulations on your appointment to a King County board or commission.
On this page you will find useful information for new board members. Officially appointed board members can also visit this page to find required training material or to view orientation material.
Before you look at anything else, new board members are required to do the following:
- Print the KC B&C Code of Conduct Form (link on the right side of this page). Review, sign and return the completed form.
- Review the King County Board of Ethics Summary;
- Take the Open Public Meetings Act Training (hyperlink below); and
- Take the Public Records Act Training (PowerPoint hyperlink below).
Click on the highlighted hyperlink below to review the King County Public Records Act (PRA) PowerPoint:
King County Public Records Act (PRA) PowerPoint
Click on the highlighted hyperlink below to view the Washington State Attorney General's Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA) training video. The video is about 20 minutes long.
Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA) Training
After reviewing the required material, please email your completed King County Training Certification Form (located on the right-side of this page). On this form you can check off which training(s) you have completed. After completing the Training Certification Form, return the completed forms via email to: Rick.Ybarra@kingcounty.gov
Please take some time to review the orientation material listed on the right side of this page. The staff liaison for your board or commission may also provide you with additional orientation material specific to your board or commission.
Please contact Rick Ybarra, Liaison for Boards and Commissions, via email at Rick.Ybarra@kingcounty.gov if you have any questions.
List of Orientation Documents:
Required Forms, Training, and Certification forms:
- 2022 Financial Disclosure Form for Board Members
- A Summary of King County Code of Ethics (PDF, 588KB)
- KC Training Certification Form (123KB)
- KC B&C Code of Conduct Form
- Board Member Job Description (63KB)
- Being An Effective Board Member (17KB)
- Parliamentary Procedures for Board Members
- Disability 101 (PDF, 38KB)
King County Email Account Instructions: