Strategic Communications Campaign Grant - CLOSED
King County has set aside $1,750,000 to equitably increase awareness of and access to the broad spectrum of King County Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (CLFR) -related programs, grants, and contracts of available funds. The intent of this particular funding is to provide support for more accessible and effective communications strategies within communities and sectors experiencing the most negative economic impacts combined from systemic racism and COVID-19.
The Strategic Communications Campaign Program intends to contract with eligible and qualified organizations to assist King County in the conceptualization, planning, organization, and implementation of a mixed media, multi-tiered campaign. The campaign is intended to leverage earned, owned, and paid media and community communications channels to equitably increase awareness of and access to information about King County Revive & Thrive programs, grants, contracts, and support services available to individuals, communities, and sectors. Often the communities who are most in need, are least aware of the investments directed to help them recover, because the County often has insufficient strategic communications specifically focused on this purpose.
The total budget for this program is $1,750,000. Maximum awards are $150,000 per organization and may be adjusted to achieve equitable allocation and opportunities for community capacity-building where needs are greatest.
The following organizations/individuals are eligible for funding under this program:
Community-based news outlets
- News website
- Radio stations (traditional broadcast or digital)
- Digital media
- Communications firms with demonstrated ability and experience to reach communities most impacted by both systemic racism and COVID-19
- Community-based organizations (for-profit or non-profit) providing communication services within normal business operations and with demonstrated relationships with communities most impacted by both systemic racism and COVID-19
- Artists and creators with proven community reach and communication channels
The application window is now open.
You may apply any time between February 8th, 2022 and March 7th, 2022, 5:00pm (PT). Apply at any time within that time frame. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions in late March, 2022.
The program period is from signing through December 31, 2022. Applicants who are interested in a longer program period (extending into 2023) should clearly differentiate a two-part plan: one for spending all funds through December 31, 2022, and the second for spending the funds over a longer period of time extending into 2023.
- The application window will remain open until March 7, 2022 at 5:00p.m.
Complete the application via this link.
- If you would like to request this grant in another language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice of Accommodation
A preview of the application questions and additional program information is available in the RFA here.
- Email questions to email@example.com
- Strategic Communications Campaign Grant Presentation Slides
- Strategic Communications Campaign Grant FAQs
Community informational sessions:
Informational Session 1
Tuesday, February 22, 2022
3-4 p.m. PT
- Informational Session 2
Need help filling out this application?
Notice of Accommodation
These documents are provided for illustrative purposes only and the County reserves the right to make changes prior to execution, depending on how the funds will be used and any changes in Treasury guidance.1. Sample CLFR Agreement
2. Sample Grant Pre-Award Forms
3. Sample Grant Reporting Forms
4. Strategic Communications Budget Template