Petty Cash / Imprest
A sum of money set aside for the purpose of paying small obligations for which the issuance of a purchase order and warrant would not be cost-effective or the use of a P-card is not possible. FIN 10-2-1 (AP)
Examples: refreshments, or items needed immediately (like a computer cord).
An account into which a fixed amount of money or cash equivalent is placed for the purpose of making change or minor disbursements.
Imprest is used like Petty Cash except it’s dispersed by check from its own bank account.
- Employee submits original receipts and Petty Cash Form or imprest bank statement to your coordinator.
- Coordinator scans all supporting documentation.
- Coordinator creates an Oracle expense report.
- Coordinator emails the approved expense report (with scanned documents) to iExpense.AP@kingcounty.gov.
- Pick up check at CNK-ES-0323.
- Cash the check (if petty cash) or deposit the check (if imprest) at any US Bank.