Request for Quotations
Purchases between $10,000 - $50,000
Per King County Policy CON 7-24-EP, all informal solicitations for contracts between $10,000-$50,000 are the sole responsibility of Procurement & Payables. King County must request quotations from at least 3 registered suppliers, including one SCS-certified small business (if available) for all purchases between $10,000 - $50,000. Purchase limits apply to the total amount of "like" goods and services you intend to buy within a calendar year, per cost center.
If you need a Request for Quotations...
First, check the Awarded Contracts list. If there's already a contract, use it!
If there’s no contract available, follow these steps:
- Login to King County E-Procurement and Create Service Request: Request For Advice (RFA).
Procurement staff will evaluate your purchasing needs and recommend a procurement method.
- You will be assigned a follow-up solicitation service request to gather additional information about your purchasing needs, including specific criteria that will be used to determine suppliers’ responsiveness (for example, any sustainable requirements such as eco labels to look for or prohibited substances to avoid).
- Submit your assigned solicitation service request. Procurement staff will gather quotes from registered suppliers. Depending on the nature of the goods or services, Procurement staff will either...
- Send you evaluation instructions to score the submitted proposals, or
- Award a contract to the lowest bidder that meets your needs
- If paying with P-Card, reference the CPA or solicitation number in the "Justification" field.
- If requisitioning a purchase order, reference the CPA number in the "Agreement" field or the solicitation number in the "Note to Buyer" section.