2019 ULID/LID foreclosures
King County Treasury is responsible for billing, maintaining, and collecting assessments for improved districts. The majority of our current Improvement Districts were formed by resolutions and/or ordinances which direct us to bill and collect certified assessment amounts to our taxpayer of record.
- Utility Local Improvement District: The due dates for annual installments are unique to each ULID/LID.
- Annual Maintenance Lake and Road Improvement: These assessments are due on May 10th and May 31st respectively.
About ULID/LID foreclosure:
A Utility Local Improvement District (ULID) or Local Improvement District (LID) foreclosure begins after one annual installment payment is two years delinquent.
- If you are the successful bidder, understand there is a two-year right of redemption by the current property owner.
- A certificate of purchase will be issued to the successful bidder.
- After the two year redemption period has expired, a ULID/LID deed will be issued to the successful bidder.
The ULID/LID foreclosures follow a different set of state laws and regulations than property tax foreclosure; review them at Washington State Legislature website:
Please refer to RCW: 35.50
Please call (206) 263-2649 or email us with further questions or concerns regarding these foreclosures.