Whole body donation
Although not comprehensive, this guide is meant for your convenience only and does not constitute any endorsement or responsibility on the part of the King County Medical Examiner's Office.
Whole body donation provides a valuable training and research resource for universities and other institutions. The decision to donate one's body for donation should be discussed and researched fully before the death occurs. In many cases where donation is for medical research, proper authorization paperwork giving consent for donation typically must be completed by the decedent prior to death. Some mortuary schools will accept remains without prior consent but only under certain circumstances. It is recommended to contact each company directly for specific policies.
- BioGift Anatomical and Surgical Education Center, 866-670-1799
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology – Funeral Service Education, 425-739-8306
- MedCure, 866-560-2525
- Oregon Health & Science University, 503-494-8302
- Texas State University Forensic Anthropology Center, 512-245-1900
San Marcos, TX
- Washington State University, 509-368-6600
- University of Tennessee Forensic Anthropology Center, 865-974-4408