How to order autopsy and investigator reports
An autopsy report is the medical finding (cause and manner of death): $50 per copy
An investigator report is the field report (investigator's finding at the scene): $20 per copy
- To obtain an autopsy and/or investigator report, you must be a family member of the deceased.
- Write to the King County Medical Examiner and indicate in writing (one sentence), your relationship with the deceased.
- Indicate on the same letter, the name of the deceased and date of death.
- Indicate that you are requesting the autopsy report and would like one copy
- Include the mailing address of where the autopsy and/or investigator report should be sent.
- Sign and date the letter.
- Autopsy reports are $50 per copy and investigator reports are $20 per copy. Make checks payable to: Medical Examiner's Office. Checks and money orders by mail only. Cash is accepted in person.
Mail your letter and payment to the following street address:
King County Medical Examiner's Office
Harborview Medical Center, Box 359792
325 - 9th Ave
Seattle, WA 98104-2499
You may also hand deliver the letter and payment in person.