Community Service Office (CSO)
Several DSHS Community Service Offices (CSO) across the county have Public Health Nurses offering services within the CSO. Women and men of all ages, including teens, are welcome to consult with the Public Health Nurse for the services offered. Services offered by the Public Health Nurses are confidential and free of charge to all clients.
Client services include:
- Urine pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling
- Prenatal vitamins for eligible women
- Emergency contraception ("the morning after pill")
- Counseling on all birth control methods
- Oral birth control pills
- Male and Female condoms (including non-latex)
- Reproductive health education
- Counseling on STDs and prevention
- Community outreach to men and women eligible and/or receiving Medicaid
- Maternity Support Services: support and education during and after your pregnancy (including help to connect you/your children to your local WIC program)
- Help making appointments
- Linkage and referral to health navigators to help you sign up for medical insurance
- Linkage and referral to other services/resources including: family planning services, sexual and reproductive health services for women and men, maternity support services/WIC, pregnancy counseling and support services, maternal care providers (prenatal and other pregnancy option providers), vision and dental services, services for victims of domestic violence, drug and alcohol treatment services, mental health services.
CSOs with a Public Health Nurse:
Select a location below that is the most convenient to you and call the Public Health Nurse Line listed. Certified medical interpreters are available at all locations.
North Seattle College
9600 College Way N
Seattle, WA 98103
Public Health Nurse Line: 206-934-7471
See related webpage for additional information.
NOTE: The nurse is located on the 2nd floor in the DSHS CSO lobby. Her office is on the east side of the lobby, and you do not need an appointment to see her. If her door is closed, take a number from her door and wait.
Link/share our site at www.kingcounty.gov/cso