Health education and outreach
For health educators, students and parents
Health education and outreach serve as powerful and effective bridges into a community. Public Health's Family Planning health educators share a variety of experiences in helping to build bridges, and they offer expertise in:
- sexuality education and training
- community outreach and organization
- materials development
- systems development
The Family Planning Health Education Team (FPHET) can be a valuable resource to local community agencies and school districts. FPHET provides the following services:
- Technical assistance and training for teachers and community-based service providers on topics ranging from: teaching and talking about sexuality; family planning and birth control; unintended pregnancy; adolescent development; and making effective referrals
- Curriculum review and standards alignment
- Seasoned leadership in community groups and coalitions that focus on youth asset building and decreasing risk-taking behavior
- Effective collaboration and partnerships with local agencies
The FPHET has also developed materials that are available for purchase or free downloading:
- FLASH Curriculum
A widely used sexual health education curriculum, developed by Public Health's Family Planning Program.
- Family communication materials
FLASH introduction letter and family homework assignments available in multiple languages.
- "Your Guide to Getting Started" birth control brochures
A series of friendly and informative birth control brochures developed by Public Health's Family Planning Program. Brochures are available as free downloads in Adobe PDF format and available for purchase in hard copy format in packets of 50.