Numerous free or low-cost clinics throughout King County in December and January will connect children and adults with necessary flu and other recommended vaccinations as well as assistance enrolling in health insurance.
It’s more important than ever to get a flu vaccine this year. Public Health and partner Neighborcare Health are hosting numerous free or low-cost flu and other childhood vaccination events in King County this December and January.
A flu shot can prevent illness and a trip to the doctor’s office or even the hospital, saving important medical supplies and capacity for COVID-19 patients. Getting a flu vaccination is especially important for people in high-risk groups, such as young children and people who are pregnant, adults age 65 and older, or people who have certain health conditions like asthma, heart disease and diabetes. It’s also important for essential workers and healthcare workers to get vaccinated for the flu because they are around more people.
Additionally, it’s important that parents remember to take action on other routine vaccines that children should have, such as measles and whooping cough. Data from Washington state has shown that the numbers of vaccines administered to children are lower than in previous years. If children fall behind on the recommended vaccine schedule, they can be exposed to many preventable illnesses, including measles which is highly contagious. While there is promising news about vaccines for COVID-19 on the horizon, we can take steps now to prevent spread of other illness throughout our community.
Locations, times, and services offered vary by event. The full list, and more details, can be found at: kingcounty.gov/findaclinic
Drive-thru flu vaccine clinic – no appointment needed!
- Sunday, December 13, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Federal Way Aquatic Center, 650 SW Campus Dr, Federal Way, WA
- Offering free flu vaccinations (via FluMist® Nasal Spray or a flu shot) for everyone ages 6 months and older
- No insurance, proof of residency, or appointment required
Neighborcare childhood vaccine and adult flu shot clinics
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, and Wednesday, Dec. 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Held at Neighborcare Meridian Center for Health, 10521 Meridian Ave N, Seattle, WA
- Offering all vaccines recommended for children 0-18 at no cost, and no insurance needed. Flu vaccine available for adults with most types of insurance or for an $18 fee.
- Appointments recommended. To make an appointment, call: 206-296-4990
Adult flu shot and insurance enrollment clinics
- Various King County locations and dates throughout December.
- Enroll in health insurance and get a free flu vaccine at the same time!
- Serving ages 18+. No insurance required.
For all events, patrons are asked to wear short sleeves and everyone age 2 and older should wear a mask. If getting childhood vaccines, please bring any vaccination records available.
Staying up-to-date with vaccinations is essential to preventing illness, and children will need to meet all vaccination requirements when in-person learning resumes.
Information about this and other immunization and vaccination opportunities is available at www.kingcounty.gov/findaclinic. The website includes information in multiple languages.