Skip to main content
King County logo

Nearly two million 9-1-1 calls are made in King County every year - that's one for every resident. These calls are routed to the twelve 9-1-1 centers that answer 9-1-1 calls for the 77 police and fire agencies in King County.

The 9-1-1 call centers in King County are:

  • Bothell Police Department handles police calls for Bothell and Lake Forest Park
  • Enumclaw Police Department handles calls for Enumclaw Police
  • Issaquah Police Department handles police calls for Issaquah, North Bend, and Snoqualmie
  • King County Sheriff's Office handles police calls for Beaux Arts Village, Burien, Carnation, Covington, Kenmore, Maple Valley, Metro Transit, Newcastle, Sammamish, SeaTac, Shoreline, Skykomish, Woodinville, and unincorporated King County
  • NORCOM handles police calls for Bellevue, Clyde Hill, Kirkland, Medina, and Mercer Island and fire calls for Bellevue, Bothell, Duvall, Fall City, Issaquah, Kirkland, Mercer Island, North Bend, Northshore, Redmond, Shoreline, Skykomish, Stevens Pass, Snoqualmie, Snoqualmie Pass, and Woodinville
  • Port of Seattle Police Department handles police calls for Port of Seattle
  • Redmond Police Department handles police calls for Duvall and Redmond
  • Seattle Police Department handles police calls for Seattle
  • Seattle Fire Department handles fire calls for Seattle
  • University of Washington Police Department handles police calls for the UW campus in Seattle
  • Valley Communications Center (Valley Com) handles police calls for Algona, Auburn, Black Diamond, Des Moines, Federal Way, Kent, Pacific, Renton, and Tukwila and fire calls for Auburn, Algona, Black Diamond, Burien, Des Moines, Enumclaw, Fairwood, Federal Way, Kent, Maple Valley, North Highline, Pacific, Palmer, Renton, SeaTac, Selleck, Skyway, Tukwila, and Vashon Island
  • Washington State Patrol handles police calls from all state roadways in King County
Please use 9-1-1 responsibly. Call only if you need an emergency response from police, fire, or medics.
For non-emergencies, call your local police or fire department or other appropriate agency.


TTY Relay 711