Finding the right technology solution based on needs, goals, budget
KCIT's business analysts listen, ask purposeful questions, and document the problem we are trying to solve. We build consensus with staff and key stakeholders, and we'll share what has been agreed upon to engage leadership, engineers, and designers.
Our service can significantly reduce implementation costs by ensuring the technology solution King County departments want meets their business needs before it is sourced, designed, and developed.
Service details include:
- Business consulting and analysis
- Technology solution evaluation
- Conceptual review and business case development
- Stakeholder engagement to ensure consensus
- Situational analysis to improve process, data, and workflow
- End-to-end RFP support
- Support transition-to-technology launch
- Pre-release / post go-live training
Project Profile: ORCA LIFT
Challenge: ORCA LIFT provides a reduced fare alternative to low-income residents in need of transportation services. King County DOT worked with KCIT's Business Analysis and Business Solutions teams to identify and develop integrated solutions to support the program's database and other technology demands.
Once someone qualifies for ORCA LIFT, they receive an ORCA LIFT card with the same features every ORCA card has, giving riders all the power and convenience of the ORCA card system at a fraction of the cost.