Skip to main content
King County logo

Permitting services are available online via this website and For details and information about our new location and office hours, see our Customer Service Bulletin.

Special use

The King County, Department of Executive Services, Real Estate Services (RES) provides special use permits for work or events on King County owned property, such as a park or drainage facility. This permit is also required for temporary uses of King County right-of-way.  RES also manages utility franchise agreements.

Plumbing permits

Seattle - King County Public Health provides plumbing permits for unincorporated King County, Cities of Seattle, Beaux Arts and Clyde Hill.

Electrical permits

The Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) provides electrical permits for unincorporated King County.

Septic systems

Seattle - King County Public Health provides septic system, or "on-site sewage system" (OSS) permits for all of King County.

Business licenses

King County requires business licenses for regulated activities.


Hydraulics project approval permit for property within unincorporated King County.

Historic Preservation

Historic preservation and landmark information from the King County Department of Permitting and Environmental Review.

Road Vacation

Road vacation permit information for property within unincorporated King County.