Complete the Permitting Research Request form to request records for property in unincorporated King County. Please note:
Most records for property located within city limits (Seattle, Bellevue, etc.) require contacting the city (external link) not Permitting. Check jurisdiction of a property to see if it's in unincorporated King County or is inside city limits.
Check the types of building permit records and land use permit records maintained by the Permitting Records Center and the approximate historical availability of files. The location of a record depends on its type and date.
For older (prior to the 1970s) records, and for property surveys and other property-related files not available at the Permitting office, see other records resources.
Use one of the following methods to submit your research request:
Bring your completed form with you to the Permitting Records Center or
Send the form by e-mail as follows:
- Complete the fill-in fields and save.
- Create an e-mail message and attach your completed Research Request Form. Please include your contact information in the body of the email.
- Send to Permitrecords@kingcounty.gov.
- Call the Permitting Records voicemail request line at 206-296-6696
- For Public disclosure requests go to Public disclosure requests
Customers can review any file free of charge. For copying services, the standard County rate is charged.