Skip to main content
King County logo

The Department of Local Services, Permitting Division makes every effort to accommodate customers in their efforts to conduct research on specific parcels or permits in unincorporated King County.

Records resources outside of Permitting

  • Washington State Archives

    The web site for the Washington State Archives. For older King County property records (1937 - 1972 and Tax Assessment Rolls prior to 1937), contact the Puget Sound Regional Branch of the State Archives in Bellevue, 425-564-3940 (external links).
  • King County historical records and archives

    For older King County property and land use records, see the King County Archives for historical county government records.

    Annexations, Deeds, Easements, Land Titles, Liens, etc.
    See King County Archives' Frequently Requested Records.
  • King County Recorder's Office - Property surveys

    For property surveys recorded since 1973 (often used to determine property boundary lines), contact the King County Recorder's Office at 206-477-6620. Recorded Plats, Short Plats, Condominiums, and Planned Unit Developments for all of King County are available for viewing and printing at the Recorder's Office.
  • King County Assessor's property search systems

    See the King County Assessor's site for their property search systems for finding assessment information.
  • King County Roads Services Map and Records Center

    See the King County Road Services Division Map and Records Center for mapping and historical survey data on roadway establishments, drainage plans, plats, and road construction plan and profiles. Various other maps are also available, such as topographic maps from the USGS and engineers' maps.

Online property research and mapping tools